Opportunities at Wasps
Do you want to join our team? All vacancies within Wasps will be posted on this page.
------------------------------- Retail Assistant About us
Wasps is a professional rugby union team which competes in the Aviva Premiership, European Rugby Champions Cup and LV=Cup. Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and have been playing all of their home games in Coventry since December 2014.
We have a vacancy for a Retail Assistant to work in our on-site retail store. About the role
The role will report to the Store Manager working in the Club store & in the mobile store which is located at the Ricoh Arena. Key responsibilities will include:
• Keeping the shop floor clean & tidy
• Stocking shelves with merchandise
• To greet & serve customers
• To answer any customer queries &/or complaints
• Being responsible for processing cash & card payments including refunds
• To assist customers to find the products that they are looking for
• Being aware of promotions & assisting in the set up
• To assist with weekly stock takes & counts
• To assist in receiving deliveries including unpacking, pricing, putting stock out on display & storing stock
• To assist in the handling & dispatch of on line orders as necessary
• Working within guidelines & as directed by the Store Manager The successful candidate
Will have a friendly and engaging personality and will enjoy meeting our customers. Display a confident manner as well as being helpful and polite and will enjoy working as part of a friendly team .
Previous retail experience would be an advantage although not essential. Hours of work
Any five days in seven with hours of work to be
• Monday to Saturday – 9am to 6pm
• Sunday – 10am to 5pm
• Other Event Days - TBC What’s on offer
• An hourly rate of the National Minimum Wage, 28 days annual leave pro rata including Bank Holidays
• Uniform whilst on duty
• Staff discounts on merchandise How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date Saturday 28th January 2017.
Head of Operations
The Ricoh Arena is an award winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers having hosted global artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Rihanna and MTV Crashes event.
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and set an Aviva Premiership attendance record for a home ground fixture in their first game at their new home, in December of that year. With this ground breaking acquisition Wasps is now one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe with world class facilities.
This year we have embarked on an exciting journey by introducing innovative solutions to make the Ricoh Arena one of the most technologically advanced venues in the United Kingdom. We currently have an immediate requirement for a MS Dynamics CRM developer with responsibilities for the following:
About the role
To assist the Head of Operations and Facilities Team with the day to day operational running of the venue to ensure we can safely and successfully deliver Conference, Banqueting, Exhibition, Entertainment and Hospitality business at the Ricoh Arena as well as Wasps and CCFC match days.
Working with the key departments within the Facilities Team such as Health and Safety, Security, Maintenance, Traffic Management and Grounds Teams providing operational and administrative support.
Key tasks will include;
· Administration support for Head of Operations and Facilities Team
· Collate all accreditation collected from all departments for event pass sheets
· Working closely with the Safety Officer and Venue Security Manager to create the stewards planner depending on the format for each individual Wasps match day or major event
· Support the Safety Officer with the recruitment of stewards along with the Match Day Safety Co-ordinator
· Supporting the Match Day Safety Co-ordinator with booking the required number of stewards for event days, providing their information for payroll and ensuring all staff files are kept up to date
· Booking agency stewards as and when required communicating timings etc
· Reacting to enquiries and queries from stewards along with the Match Day Safety Co-ordinator
· To provide admin support to the Facilities Team ensuring that the relevant files are kept up to date to comply with regulations and guidance
· Taking minutes / action notes from any meetings that require your attendance such as pre-match meetings, match day debrief, facilities team meetings
· Provide administration support to the Head of Operations on new projects
· To attend any meetings, training sessions and courses that may be beneficial to you or your colleagues as required by the Head of Operations
· To undertake other duties as appropriate, within their competence, as required by the Head of Operations.
The successful candidate
Will be well organised and be able to prioritise actions whilst maintaining an attention to detail and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
Will also possess excellent written, interpersonal skills and experience of report writing and writing to senior managers and other authorities
Will also possess excellent Microsoft skills including Excel and Powerpoint.
Will be equally happy working in a busy office environment but also on occasions working independently.
Whilst not essential some experience in project or event planning would be an advantage
Knowledge of exhibition, football, rugby and music events is desirable but not essential
Demonstrate a professional approach which generates credibility and confidence in others.
Possess a customer service ethic with a strong client and customer focus.
Be confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
Possess the ability to overcome obstacles to solve problems to achieve results.
Possess a personal commitment to continuous self-development.
Alongside strong communication skills the successful candidate will have boundless enthusiasm, be resilient and possess the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional approach at all times.
The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting will all levels of the team based at Ricoh Arena.
Hours of work
This is a full time role of 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days where required which will include weekends and public holidays.
What’s on offer?
An annual salary of £16,000 and 28 days annual leave pro rata including Bank Holidays.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 20th January 2017
Wasps Community: Community Development Officer
Wasps are a professional rugby union team which competes in the Aviva Premiership, European Rugby Champions Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup. Wasps has been crowned European Champions twice and English Champions five times in total.
Since Wasps moved to the Ricoh Arena the Community department have set their new strategy running up until 2020 with the aim to provide opportunity, inspiration and aspiration for the local community. Last season the community department engaged with over 50,000 people across a wide range of programmes working in schools, rugby clubs and workplaces.
Two new exciting opportunities have arisen for Community Development Officers to join our team.
About the role
The Community Development Officer will be responsible for the delivery of a variety of community engagement programmes. This will include the planning, promotion, delivery, reporting and reviewing of each programme. The delivery will include both classroom and practical sessions, assisting with health & wellbeing programmes, SEND programmes and Rugby club delivery.
The role will be predominately based delivering out of school hours’ rugby, working with traditionally underrepresented groups. (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups, Low socio economic groups and people with special educational needs and disabilities) initially this role will be focusing in the Birmingham region although some work will be required across the west midlands.
Key tasks and activities
- Engage with schools, clubs and other key community partners in line with the Wasps Community strategy.
- Ownership of specific programmes including assisting with design, implementation on management.
- Plan, deliver and lead where appropriate coaching sessions to meet the needs of a variety of programmes e.g. after school coaching, in-school coaching, club development visits, residential and non-residential training camps.
- Assist and lead where appropriate on Community engagement events which will include running the Wasps Interactive Zone (WIZ)
- Report activity and output as required including social media
- Be part of the extensive Match- day Team covering the promotion and delivery of pre and post -match activities.
Required skills and Experience to fulfil the role
- A minimum requirement to be a qualified coach to RFU level 2
- Possess a First Aid certificate
- Proven experience of delivering coaching across age groups and environments
The successful candidate
Will be well organised and possess strong interpersonal skills and will be comfortable interacting across a wide age range as the role will include delivery to all age groups with most delivery between the ages of 6-18.
Alongside strong communication skills the successful candidate will have boundless enthusiasm, be resilient and possess the ability to work under pressure whilst displaying the highest standards of customer care.
Will also possess excellent Microsoft skills in both Word and Excel
Possess a full driving licence and will be required to be fully DBS certified.
Hours of work
A full time position, the role does include working unsocial hours at the weekend and during the evening to deliver coaching sessions.
The successful candidate will also be required to work at Wasps Home games at the Ricoh Arena assisting with community activities in the fan village and pre/half time entertainment.
The role is predominantly field based with an office base at the Ricoh Arena.
What’s on offer?
A salary of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum and twenty-eight days annual leave, including Bank Holidays.
The Company operates a lieu time policy.
How to apply
Please submit your application via email including a CV and Covering letter to:
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th January 2017 at 5pm.
Candidates who have not been called for interview by Tuesday 10th January should assume they have been unsuccessful.
Wasps Developing Player Programme (DPP)
“Providing high quality player development experiences, encouraging lifelong participation in the game and enabling those with potential to be clearly identified and supported.”
The Wasps Academy has responsibility for developing potential elite players in a geographical region that covers Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Coventry and Warwickshire, with a DPP Centre in each of the regions. The DPP’s are a step on the player development pathway, with successful players progressing into the Wasps Junior Academy.
With the continued development and expansion of the Wasps DPP we are looking to recruit for a number of roles across all of our regions.
Some of the roles will receive a small payment towards expenses, with other roles being on a volunteer basis. All successful applicants will receive Wasps kit as well as free access to CPD events run by Wasps.
The majority of the sessions will run weekly during the rugby season on Monday evenings. There will be approximately 20 sessions throughout the season.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com specifying which region you are applying for.
Wasps Matchday Stewards
We are recruiting Rugby Match Day Stewards to join our friendly, approachable security team. Successful candidates will be responsible for stewarding public areas of the stadium including the main hospitality areas ensuring that our guests receive excellent customer service through providing of clear and accurate information as well as ensuring the safety of our guests.
Please note that all applicants have to be over 18 years old.
For more information and to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org