Opportunities at Wasps
Do you want to join our team? All vacancies within Wasps will be posted on this page.
Job Title: Wasps Netball Head Academy Coach
Reports To: Director of Netball
Term: Full Time – Fixed for Two years
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and finished this season top of the premiership. With this ground breaking acquisition Wasps is now one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe with world class facilities.
The Ricoh Arena is an award-winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers having hosted global artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Rihanna and Robbie Williams.
About the role
The role will include work alongside the Wasps VNSL coaching team, the University of Birmingham performance staff and will also be part of the England Netball CPD programme. The aim of the role is to help develop the next generation of Wasps and England netball players.
Both Wasps and Wasps U21’s are current 2017 Champions whilst Birmingham University are a BUCS Premier League Team. This role gives the coach a perfect opportunity to work with some of the most talented age group players in the country and a chance to build on and create an elite performance programme through delivery, development and recruitment.
You will need to have experience of developing talented young players and coaching in a performance environment whether that be club, education or other pathway roles.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Netball Coach wishing to pursue a career in high performance coaching. It’s a chance to be involved with the current Superleague Champions on their journey to producing the best talent in the league, as well as help players develop the skills and talent to help England become number 1 in the world.
You’ll also cover any other duties which may be required from time to time as directed from the Director of Netball.
How to apply
Informal enquiries should be made to Tamsin Greenway, Director of Wasps Netball on email: Tamsin.email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 7th August
Interview Date: Thursday 17th August
Job Title: Senior Academy Transitional Coach
Manager: Academy Manager
Location: Wasps Rugby Club Training Ground, Broadstreet Rugby Ground
Term: Two year contract with three month probationary period; start date TBC
The purpose of this role is to provide the coaching and management of Senior Academy players.
- Provide skill development sessions that include, core skills, position specific skills and game understanding during the training week, which includes the organisation, planning and delivery of these sessions.
- Provide regular written development plans for Players, planned in conjunction with the Academy Manager and S&C staff.
- Attend, review and provide feedback of games played by the players, both for Wasps, Loan Clubs and at Junior International level.
- Conduct regular player performance feedback sessions with all Senior Academy players.
- To attend meetings as required by the Director of Rugby and Head of Recruitment.
- To contribute positively to the Academy environment and culture.
- Full commitment to developing the players on and off the field, assisting with resolving any day to day issues and ensuring they are supported within the team environment and during their rest periods.
- To provide coaching support for the Wasps A team . To attend all A team games.
- Deliver coaching sessions for the non 23 squad players as directed by the Wasps skills coach.
- Support /assist coaching the Wasps Academy u18 and u16 teams when required to , by the Academy Manager.
- Working hours required:
- 5 days per week to include weekends; 7.5hrs a day following the Rugby schedule. Exact working schedule to be agreed with line manager.
Key Skills Required:
- Level 3 or above RFU Coaching Award
- Previous Coaching experience at elite level
- Preferably a specialist skill-set of Backs coaching and playing experience, however outstanding candidates will be also considered
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Strong communication skills
- Approachable and Positive
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Calm and unflappable; ability to work under pressure
- Professional and polite
- To apply, please email your CV with 2 references and a covering letter (no more than 1 side of A4) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date 14 July 2017
- Applicants who are not invited for interview will not be contacted
- Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email
This appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and a full driving licence.
Wasps Developing Player Programme (DPP)
“Providing high quality player development experiences, encouraging lifelong participation in the game and enabling those with potential to be clearly identified and supported.”
The Wasps Academy has responsibility for developing potential elite players in a geographical region that covers Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Coventry and Warwickshire, with a DPP Centre in each of the regions. The DPP’s are a step on the player development pathway, with successful players progressing into the Wasps Junior Academy.
With the continued development and expansion of the Wasps DPP we are looking to recruit for a number of roles across all of our regions.
DPP Age Group Lead Coaches (Job spec here)
DPP Support Coaches (job spec here)
DPP Centre Co-ordinators (job spec here)
DPP Volunteer Athletic Development Coach (job spec here)
Some of the roles will receive a small payment towards expenses, with other roles being on a volunteer basis. All successful applicants will receive Wasps kit as well as free access to CPD events run by Wasps.
The majority of the sessions will run weekly during the rugby season on Monday evenings. There will be approximately 20 sessions throughout the season.
To apply please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com specifying which region you are applying for.
Wasps Matchday Stewards
We are recruiting Rugby Match Day Stewards to join our friendly, approachable security team. Successful candidates will be responsible for stewarding public areas of the stadium including the main hospitality areas ensuring that our guests receive excellent customer service through providing of clear and accurate information as well as ensuring the safety of our guests.
Please note that all applicants have to be over 18 years old.
For more information and to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org